Pacific Furniture Reupholstery
Should I Reupholster or Replace?
At Pacific, we offer reupholstery as it fits in with our production flow. The process of reupholstery allows us to buffer areas of production and offers you the best, most experienced craftsmen in the industry. Your heirloom furniture becomes part of our professional process with access to our entire line of luxurious fabrics.
When to reupholster
Since we offer both reupholstery services and new construction, we can help you decide which option is best.
Here are the reasons to reupholster a piece;
1. It has sentimental value. (Great Grandma Fletcher got that as a wedding gift)
2. It uniquely fits the space
3. The cushion inserts are all still in great shape and you still like the style
4. It has wonderful exposed wood details. Usually we find this on dining or occasional chairs.
Reasons not to reupholster:
1. The frame is cheaply made or you want to change the style
2. If all of your cushion inserts need replacing, It will cost just as much as buying a new piece.
As a wholesale manufacturer, we can usually make a new piece for about the same price as reupholstering if we need to replacing the cushions. Our greatest expense is labor and fabric followed by cushions. The frame is a relatively low cost item and the labor to strip off the old fabric usually costs more than building a new frame.
If you compare the cost of reupholstery to the cost of new construction, consider donating your old furniture to a charity who will be blessed and bless others. Take the tax deduction and consider that in your final cost analysis. Either way, Pacific is here to help.